Motherhood isn’t something that you fit right into as soon as the baby comes out of you. It’s something that turns your life upside down. One day you wake up and the structure of your life has been completely rearranged. Some people won’t know exactly how to connect with their child. They were the youngest or came from a home where they were the only sibling and had very little experience taking care of another life. Below are a few tips that can tighten the bond between you and your child.
- Got Out With Your Child – There are plenty of cool activities you can plan with your child. A nice spa date, a shopping trip, going out for dinner. You can also take them out for hiking, a tennis game or biking. Surely these activities will reveal sides of yourself to them and side of them to you.
- Find Common Ground – These things can be tough, especially if you guys don’t have matching personalities or interest. You may feel more connected to one kid then the other and this can surely take a toll on the left out child. He/she will feel like you care for the other sibling more. It’s important to find common ground with both children.
- Arts and Crafts – Children love arts and crafts and to be honest they can be quite fun after taking a twenty year hiatus from them. You can join them on their school projects or just bring some home for the weekend. Glue, popsicle sticks and glitter can create something really amazing.
- Volunteer Together – Volunteering is an amazing service and if you can do so with your child, you do double the good. Not only would you be helping the community, but you’ll also be building the relationship between you and your child. You can explain things to them and plant a seed of helping others within them.
- Teach Them About Things You Love – Children are very curious creatures. Teach them about things you love. Explain to them your interest and significance they’ve had on society. For example, if you love classic film, show them classic films! Tell them what makes them great.